Norway’s Simek shipyard has delivered a new combination netter and longliner to its owners in Godøy.
Veidar is a Rolls-Royce design that uses Polish-built prefabricated sections and the aluminium superstructure constructed at Flekkefjord Shipyard.
Built for the Ålesund-based Veidar, Veidar measures 55.5-metres by 13.2 metres and has a 916-cubic-metre refrigerated fishroom.
Rolls-Royce supplied the 1920kW Bergen main engine, which provides a 14-knot service speed.
Veidar accommodates a crew of 25 in 16 cabins.
PHOTO OF THE DAY | Søby Værft puts newbuild trawler into the water
- Akva Marine's new 15-metre high-pressure cleaning boat
- Live fish carrier ordered for offshore salmon farm
One dead and one injured in tanker accident
in Tanker World
Nordic Wildfish orders new, sustainable trawler series
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Wang Tak launches 40m catamaran ferry for Pearl River Delta
- Vittoria Shipyard launches sub-decommissioning tug for Russian Federation
- VESSEL REVIEW | Two Tales – Aquaculture support vessel for Clean Seas Tuna
- Okskaya Sudoverf lays keel of fourth Project RSD32M dry cargo carrier
- General Dynamics Electric Boat awarded US$481 million for continued development of US Navy's next ballistic-missile submarine