Norway’s Simek shipyard has delivered a new combination netter and longliner to its owners in Godøy.
Veidar is a Rolls-Royce design that uses Polish-built prefabricated sections and the aluminium superstructure constructed at Flekkefjord Shipyard.
Built for the Ålesund-based Veidar, Veidar measures 55.5-metres by 13.2 metres and has a 916-cubic-metre refrigerated fishroom.
Rolls-Royce supplied the 1920kW Bergen main engine, which provides a 14-knot service speed.
Veidar accommodates a crew of 25 in 16 cabins.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Australia's $410 million icebreaker already eight months behind schedule
- FOI documents reveal $680 million overspend on Australian OPVs
- Vietnam Coast Guard accepts delivery of patrol boats
- IMO confirms errors, 20 per cent correction in EEDI
- Lloyd's Register Foundation workshop aims to improve safety in two of the world’s most dangerous industries