Six stakeholders aiming to create a "sustainable future for shipping" are collaborating in an initiative called Electromobility for Shipping.
The Swedish Shipowners Association, ABB Sweden, ABB Marine, Stena, research institute RISE and battery company Northvolt are joining forces.
Stena Chief Executive Officer Dan Sten Olsson said the organisations will jointly contribute to climate-smart shipping, international competitiveness and increased export opportunities for green technologies.
“There is a lot going on concerning battery on ships and we believe that research and development are crucial for finding the best,” Mr Olsson said.
“By joining forces between the research community and the maritime sector, we have great opportunities for the future.”
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Wang Tak launches 40m catamaran ferry for Pearl River Delta
- Vittoria Shipyard launches sub-decommissioning tug for Russian Federation
- VESSEL REVIEW | Two Tales – Aquaculture support vessel for Clean Seas Tuna
- Okskaya Sudoverf lays keel of fourth Project RSD32M dry cargo carrier
- General Dynamics Electric Boat awarded US$481 million for continued development of US Navy's next ballistic-missile submarine