Six stakeholders aiming to create a "sustainable future for shipping" are collaborating in an initiative called Electromobility for Shipping.
The Swedish Shipowners Association, ABB Sweden, ABB Marine, Stena, research institute RISE and battery company Northvolt are joining forces.
Stena Chief Executive Officer Dan Sten Olsson said the organisations will jointly contribute to climate-smart shipping, international competitiveness and increased export opportunities for green technologies.
“There is a lot going on concerning battery on ships and we believe that research and development are crucial for finding the best,” Mr Olsson said.
“By joining forces between the research community and the maritime sector, we have great opportunities for the future.”
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Australia's $410 million icebreaker already eight months behind schedule
- FOI documents reveal $680 million overspend on Australian OPVs
- Vietnam Coast Guard accepts delivery of patrol boats
- IMO confirms errors, 20 per cent correction in EEDI
- Lloyd's Register Foundation workshop aims to improve safety in two of the world’s most dangerous industries