Athens-based dry bulk vessel owner Diana Shipping has entered a time charter contract with Rotterdam-based Glencore Agriculture for the Panamax vessel, Calipso.
The 2005-built Calipso is a 73,691DWT Panamax dry bulk vessel.
The gross charter rate is US$12,200 a day, minus a five per cent commission paid to third parties, for a period of 15 to 18 months.
The charter, which is expected to generate US$5.3 million for the minimum period, was expected to commence on March 12.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Australia's $410 million icebreaker already eight months behind schedule
- FOI documents reveal $680 million overspend on Australian OPVs
- Vietnam Coast Guard accepts delivery of patrol boats
- IMO confirms errors, 20 per cent correction in EEDI
- Lloyd's Register Foundation workshop aims to improve safety in two of the world’s most dangerous industries