Luxembourg’s United Bulk Carriers International has entered a time charter contract for a Panamax dry bulk vessel with Athens-based Diana Shipping.
Expected to start on April 20, the charter for the 76,225DWT vessel Melia is for a minimum of 17 months to a maximum of 20 months.
The gross charter rate is US$12,000 per day, minus a five per cent commission paid to third parties.
The contract is expected to generate US$6.1 million of gross revenue for the minimum period.
Built in 2005, Melia has been chartered to Nidera, Roma, at a gross charter rate of US$9,500 per day, minus a five per cent commission paid to third parties.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Wang Tak launches 40m catamaran ferry for Pearl River Delta
- Vittoria Shipyard launches sub-decommissioning tug for Russian Federation
- VESSEL REVIEW | Two Tales – Aquaculture support vessel for Clean Seas Tuna
- Okskaya Sudoverf lays keel of fourth Project RSD32M dry cargo carrier
- General Dynamics Electric Boat awarded US$481 million for continued development of US Navy's next ballistic-missile submarine