Philippines-based Hanjin Heavy Industries will construct two very large gas carriers (VLGCs) for Belgian gas shipping company Exmar.
To be classed by Lloyd’s Register, the 80,000-cubic-metre newbuildings will each be powered by an individual LPG-powered MAN engine to comply with the IMO sulphur-emission legislation due to start in 2020.
The vessels are scheduled for delivery in the third quarter of 2020.
The VLGCs will be chartered by Statoil for worldwide LPG transportation upon completion.
Austal delivers high-speed catamaran to VS Grand Ferries
- Second OCEA patrol boat for Philippine Coast Guard arrives home
Ro-Ro ferry catches fire in waters off Cebu, Philippines
in Ro-Ro World
- Philippine Navy flagship aground in disputed waters
- Philippine Coast Guard commissions two new MRRVs
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Wang Tak launches 40m catamaran ferry for Pearl River Delta
- Vittoria Shipyard launches sub-decommissioning tug for Russian Federation
- VESSEL REVIEW | Two Tales – Aquaculture support vessel for Clean Seas Tuna
- Okskaya Sudoverf lays keel of fourth Project RSD32M dry cargo carrier
- General Dynamics Electric Boat awarded US$481 million for continued development of US Navy's next ballistic-missile submarine