State-owned Indonesian port operator Pelindo III has contracted Van Oord to conduct dredging works at Bali’s port of Benoa.
The Rotterdam-based Van Oord said five million cubic metres will be dredged by a large cutter suction dredger to deepen the existing access channel and port basin at Benoa on the south-eastern side of Bali.
The existing fishing port will be upgraded and the developments will allow more cruise ships to berth.
The works are expected to be completed by the end of 2018.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Australia's $410 million icebreaker already eight months behind schedule
- FOI documents reveal $680 million overspend on Australian OPVs
- Vietnam Coast Guard accepts delivery of patrol boats
- IMO confirms errors, 20 per cent correction in EEDI
- Lloyd's Register Foundation workshop aims to improve safety in two of the world’s most dangerous industries