The Pakistan Navy has held an induction ceremony for a dredging vessel and its accompanying two barges at the naval dockyard in Karachi.
The backhoe dredger Rah Kusha and split hopper barges Tarseel 1 and Tarseel 2 were built for the Pakistan Navy at Tianjin Shipyard in China.
The navy said Rah Kusha, which will join Behr Kusha in the fleet, will enhance dredging close to jetties and berths where other conventional dredging means are less effective.
The vessels will be used to maintain Pakistan’s ports and harbours.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Australia's $410 million icebreaker already eight months behind schedule
- FOI documents reveal $680 million overspend on Australian OPVs
- Vietnam Coast Guard accepts delivery of patrol boats
- IMO confirms errors, 20 per cent correction in EEDI
- Lloyd's Register Foundation workshop aims to improve safety in two of the world’s most dangerous industries