The Qatar Emiri Naval Forces have placed an order for two cadet training ships (CTS) from Istanbul-based shipbuilder Anadolu Shipyard in Turkey.
Capable of performing offshore patrol duties, the 90-metre vessels will displace 1,950 tonnes and feature a helipad for a medium-size helicopter.
Highlighted by practical and theoretical training facilities for cadets and instructors, the vessels are scheduled to be delivered within 36 months.
They will be capable of hosting combat management and weapon training.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Australia's $410 million icebreaker already eight months behind schedule
- FOI documents reveal $680 million overspend on Australian OPVs
- Vietnam Coast Guard accepts delivery of patrol boats
- IMO confirms errors, 20 per cent correction in EEDI
- Lloyd's Register Foundation workshop aims to improve safety in two of the world’s most dangerous industries