Acta Marine has been awarded a charter contract to assist Belgian-based DEME Group’s Tideway subsidiary with its cable pull in, and testing and termination campaign, on the German offshore wind farm Merkur.
Operating from Dutch port Eemshaven, walk-to-work vessel Acta Orion will be performing accommodation and W2W services. It will also perform cargo transfers to assist the tower teams using the cargo functionality on its gangway.
After a 300-day campaign working at the Race Bank offshore wind farm, Acta Orion was docked at Oranjewerf Amsterdam to perform its 2.5-year intermediate survey and maintenance work.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Australia's $410 million icebreaker already eight months behind schedule
- FOI documents reveal $680 million overspend on Australian OPVs
- Vietnam Coast Guard accepts delivery of patrol boats
- IMO confirms errors, 20 per cent correction in EEDI
- Lloyd's Register Foundation workshop aims to improve safety in two of the world’s most dangerous industries