Höegh LNG Holdings has taken delivery of its eighth floating storage and regasification unit (FSRU) Höegh Esperanza.
The 170,000-cubic-metre FSRU was constructed at Hyundai Heavy Industries (HHI) in South Korea and is designed for open, combined and closed loop regasification operation.
Equipped with a GTT Mark III membrane containment system and dual-fuel diesel-electric (DFDE) propulsion, Höegh Esperanza has a maximum regasification throughput of 750 million standard cubic feet per day.
The Bermuda-based company said it was in advanced negotiations for intermediate employment of Höegh Esperanza on a combined FSRU and LNGC contract with seasonal use in FSRU mode until the anticipated start date of its intended long-term FSRU contract in Chile.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Wang Tak launches 40m catamaran ferry for Pearl River Delta
- Vittoria Shipyard launches sub-decommissioning tug for Russian Federation
- VESSEL REVIEW | Two Tales – Aquaculture support vessel for Clean Seas Tuna
- Okskaya Sudoverf lays keel of fourth Project RSD32M dry cargo carrier
- General Dynamics Electric Boat awarded US$481 million for continued development of US Navy's next ballistic-missile submarine