Norwegian Cruise Line has held a steel-cutting ceremony for its Breakaway Plus-class vessel at Germany’s Meyer Werft laser centre at Papenburg.
Named Norwegian Encore, the 167,800GT vessel will accommodate almost 4,000 guests.
Due for delivery on October 31, 2019, she will sail to the Caribbean from Miami from the third quarter of 2019.
Norwegian Encore will be the 17th ship in the fleet and the line's fourth and final ship in the Breakaway Plus class.
- Fire breaks out on German Navy frigate Schleswig-Holstein
- Van Oord completes cable installation for German wind farm
- German sea rescue orders four newbuilds
- German Naval Yards forms partnership for German Navy tender bid
Flensburger Schiffbau-Gesellschaft lays keel for Brittany Ferries Ro-Pax
in Ro-Pax World
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Wang Tak launches 40m catamaran ferry for Pearl River Delta
- Vittoria Shipyard launches sub-decommissioning tug for Russian Federation
- VESSEL REVIEW | Two Tales – Aquaculture support vessel for Clean Seas Tuna
- Okskaya Sudoverf lays keel of fourth Project RSD32M dry cargo carrier
- General Dynamics Electric Boat awarded US$481 million for continued development of US Navy's next ballistic-missile submarine