Norwegian Cruise Line has held a steel-cutting ceremony for its Breakaway Plus-class vessel at Germany’s Meyer Werft laser centre at Papenburg.
Named Norwegian Encore, the 167,800GT vessel will accommodate almost 4,000 guests.
Due for delivery on October 31, 2019, she will sail to the Caribbean from Miami from the third quarter of 2019.
Norwegian Encore will be the 17th ship in the fleet and the line's fourth and final ship in the Breakaway Plus class.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Australia's $410 million icebreaker already eight months behind schedule
- FOI documents reveal $680 million overspend on Australian OPVs
- Vietnam Coast Guard accepts delivery of patrol boats
- IMO confirms errors, 20 per cent correction in EEDI
- Lloyd's Register Foundation workshop aims to improve safety in two of the world’s most dangerous industries