A new €15.47 million (US$19.2 million) fast passenger ferry newbuilding for Förde Reederei Seetouristik is on its way from the Philippines to Germany.
Built at Cebu by Austal Philippines, the 56.4-metre by 14-metre catamaran, which has a top speed of 35 knots, can carry up to 692 passengers on two decks.
Designed by Spear Green Design, the ferry will be used for the FRS Helgoline service linking Hamburg, Wedel and Cuxhaven with the island of Heligoland.
It will replace the popular Halunder Jet.
- Fire breaks out on German Navy frigate Schleswig-Holstein
Austal delivers high-speed catamaran to VS Grand Ferries
- Second OCEA patrol boat for Philippine Coast Guard arrives home
Ro-Ro ferry catches fire in waters off Cebu, Philippines
in Ro-Ro World
- Philippine Navy flagship aground in disputed waters
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Wang Tak launches 40m catamaran ferry for Pearl River Delta
- Vittoria Shipyard launches sub-decommissioning tug for Russian Federation
- VESSEL REVIEW | Two Tales – Aquaculture support vessel for Clean Seas Tuna
- Okskaya Sudoverf lays keel of fourth Project RSD32M dry cargo carrier
- General Dynamics Electric Boat awarded US$481 million for continued development of US Navy's next ballistic-missile submarine