A new €15.47 million (US$19.2 million) fast passenger ferry newbuilding for Förde Reederei Seetouristik is on its way from the Philippines to Germany.
Built at Cebu by Austal Philippines, the 56.4-metre by 14-metre catamaran, which has a top speed of 35 knots, can carry up to 692 passengers on two decks.
Designed by Spear Green Design, the ferry will be used for the FRS Helgoline service linking Hamburg, Wedel and Cuxhaven with the island of Heligoland.
It will replace the popular Halunder Jet.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Australia's $410 million icebreaker already eight months behind schedule
- FOI documents reveal $680 million overspend on Australian OPVs
- Vietnam Coast Guard accepts delivery of patrol boats
- IMO confirms errors, 20 per cent correction in EEDI
- Lloyd's Register Foundation workshop aims to improve safety in two of the world’s most dangerous industries