Work has started at Germany’s Blohm and Voss shipyard on the extensive refit for Fred Olsen Cruise Lines’ 880-guest Boudicca.
The Hamburg shipyard’s team will strip out and refurbish the 462 guest rooms with new carpets, soft furnishings and lamps.
New balcony furniture will be installed, and all rooms will be equipped with mini fridges, safes and interactive smart TVs.
In addition to engineering works and repainting of the exterior and interiors, Boudicca’s public rooms, dining facilities and guest services areas will also be remodelled and upgraded.
The ship is expected to return to the UK on March 29.
- Fire breaks out on German Navy frigate Schleswig-Holstein
- Van Oord completes cable installation for German wind farm
- German sea rescue orders four newbuilds
- German Naval Yards forms partnership for German Navy tender bid
Flensburger Schiffbau-Gesellschaft lays keel for Brittany Ferries Ro-Pax
in Ro-Pax World
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Wang Tak launches 40m catamaran ferry for Pearl River Delta
- Vittoria Shipyard launches sub-decommissioning tug for Russian Federation
- VESSEL REVIEW | Two Tales – Aquaculture support vessel for Clean Seas Tuna
- Okskaya Sudoverf lays keel of fourth Project RSD32M dry cargo carrier
- General Dynamics Electric Boat awarded US$481 million for continued development of US Navy's next ballistic-missile submarine