Work has started at Germany’s Blohm and Voss shipyard on the extensive refit for Fred Olsen Cruise Lines’ 880-guest Boudicca.
The Hamburg shipyard’s team will strip out and refurbish the 462 guest rooms with new carpets, soft furnishings and lamps.
New balcony furniture will be installed, and all rooms will be equipped with mini fridges, safes and interactive smart TVs.
In addition to engineering works and repainting of the exterior and interiors, Boudicca’s public rooms, dining facilities and guest services areas will also be remodelled and upgraded.
The ship is expected to return to the UK on March 29.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Australia's $410 million icebreaker already eight months behind schedule
- FOI documents reveal $680 million overspend on Australian OPVs
- Vietnam Coast Guard accepts delivery of patrol boats
- IMO confirms errors, 20 per cent correction in EEDI
- Lloyd's Register Foundation workshop aims to improve safety in two of the world’s most dangerous industries