Fincantieri has started construction work on Seven Seas Splendor, the second cruise ship to be built for Regent Seven Seas Cruises.
The steel-cutting ceremony for the 224-metre, 55,500GT vessel was held in Ancona.
Accommodating 754 passengers in 375 suites, the newbuilding is scheduled for delivery in early 2020.
Seven Seas Splendor was ordered for €422 million (US$518 million) in March 2016.
- TUI Cruises orders two LNG cruise ships from Fincantieri
- Norewgian Cruise Line orders two cruise ships from Fincantieri
- Fincantieri awards section construction contract to Brodosplit
- Australia's $25b anti-submarine warfare frigate program gets the green light
- Fincantieri lays keel for Regent Seven Seas cruise ship