Singapore-based fast ferry operator Majestic Fast Ferry has placed an order for another seven 39-metre fast ferries from Indonesian shipyard Cahaya.
The Australian-designed vessels, which will be built at the Batam-based shipyard by the end of 2019, will each be powered by two 1,440kW MTU engines.
Rolls-Royce will supply the 14 MTU engines for the vessels.
It follows a 2016 order for three vessels – Majestic Dream, Majestic Pride and Majestic Faith, the last of which is scheduled to be delivered this month.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Australia's $410 million icebreaker already eight months behind schedule
- FOI documents reveal $680 million overspend on Australian OPVs
- Vietnam Coast Guard accepts delivery of patrol boats
- IMO confirms errors, 20 per cent correction in EEDI
- Lloyd's Register Foundation workshop aims to improve safety in two of the world’s most dangerous industries