Tug Malta has placed an order for a new 29.7-metre tug with Turkey’s Med Marine.
The subsidiary of the Rimorchiatori Riuniti Group wants the tug for more towage capacity and capabilities in the Mediterranean Sea.
The Robert Allan Ltd-designed tug has an 80-tonne bollard pull with enhanced escort towing and seakeeping performance.
Measuring 29.7 metres by 13.3 metres, the LNG-compatible vessel will use two MTU engines that develop a total output of 2,560kW and a free sailing speed of 13.0 knots.
Equipped with Rolls-Royce thrusters and deck machinery, the vessel will accommodate eight crew members.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Australia's $410 million icebreaker already eight months behind schedule
- FOI documents reveal $680 million overspend on Australian OPVs
- Vietnam Coast Guard accepts delivery of patrol boats
- IMO confirms errors, 20 per cent correction in EEDI
- Lloyd's Register Foundation workshop aims to improve safety in two of the world’s most dangerous industries