USA-based Main Iron Works has been contracted to build four inland push boats for Kirby Corporation.
Main Iron Works owner Benny Cenac said the twin-propeller 1,998kW conventional towboats would be used to transport petrochemicals, refined products, oils and liquid fertilisers on the Gulf Intracoastal Waterway, the Mississippi River, the Illinois River, the Ohio River and other waterways.
They are scheduled for delivery in August, October and December.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Australia's $410 million icebreaker already eight months behind schedule
- FOI documents reveal $680 million overspend on Australian OPVs
- Vietnam Coast Guard accepts delivery of patrol boats
- IMO confirms errors, 20 per cent correction in EEDI
- Lloyd's Register Foundation workshop aims to improve safety in two of the world’s most dangerous industries