Turkey’s Uzmar Shipyard has started construction of its 100th tug.
Designed by Robert Allan Ltd, the milestone azimuthing stern drive (ASD) will be built for SAAM-SMIT Towage Canada and operate on Canada’s west coast.
Scheduled for delivery in the first quarter of 2019, the escort tug will support ships in terminals and provide towing operations from the stern.
Featuring an IMO Tier III emissions-compliant propulsion package, the vessel will be equipped with gas detection, explosion-proof deck equipment and off-ship fire-fighting capabilities.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Wang Tak launches 40m catamaran ferry for Pearl River Delta
- Vittoria Shipyard launches sub-decommissioning tug for Russian Federation
- VESSEL REVIEW | Two Tales – Aquaculture support vessel for Clean Seas Tuna
- Okskaya Sudoverf lays keel of fourth Project RSD32M dry cargo carrier
- General Dynamics Electric Boat awarded US$481 million for continued development of US Navy's next ballistic-missile submarine